Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oven Baked Chocolate Chip Pancake Cake

Yesterday I had a strong urge to eat pancake. I'm not those type of person who categorizes dishes according to time of the day. I usually eat whatever I want whenever I want. Most people would say pancakes are best eaten during breakfast. But I'd say pancakes are best eaten ANYTIME of the day. Be it breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Pancakes make a good dessert too, if you serve them like I do. Chocolate all the way !


Psstt...don't mind me. I don't eat healthily so that's why I don't care much of what I eat. 


So yesterday I made this gorgeous, yummy pancake cake. I love pancakes but it's very tedious to prepare them the usual way. Pour one ladle of batter on the pan and wait for it to be golden brown, flip it over and wait some more. That way is definitely not for me. So I went on google oven-baked pancakes and voila ! Thousands of recipes to choose from. Me likey ! In the end, I chose a recipe that makes the pancake cake just the way I want it. Basically, I just need to know what temperature I should heat my oven to and how long should I bake the pancake. 


When I look at the end result it looked pretty blah to me. So I decided to put some chocolate layer on top of the cake. I melt some semisweet chocolate chip and pour them on top of the cake.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

TADAAA !!!




The cake can be enjoyed with a cup of hot chocolate and your favourite book. Yummmssss !




Everyone in the house loves it. Even my dad ! He usually tend to not eat anything that I cook that is out of the ordinary. When I cooked pasta, he never eat them. When I baked brownies, he didn't touch them. But last night, when I was helping myself to second he asked me to cut him a slice. Wow whee ! Imagine how glad I was.


It made me very happy when someone appreciates what I cooked. =)



So the ingredients are....
  • 1 1/4 cup buttermilk pancake mix ( I used the ones that just need to add water )
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp sugar ( I used 1 1/2 tbsp. )
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chip


Methods
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius. Grease cake pan with butter and make sure you cover all the surface of the cake pan. This to ensure your pancake will not stick to the pan. If using nonstick, it is also advisable to grease the pan lightly. ( I used 8 inch round nonstick cake pan. )

2. Mix all the ingredients except chocolate chips until completely well mixed. Then, fold in the chocolate chips into the pancake mixture.

3. Pour the batter in the cake pan and place the pan in the oven for 22-25 minutes. ( I left the pan in the oven for 23 minutes. )

4. Cool for a while before serve.

No comments: