Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Two weeks ago I borrowed my aunt's square cake tin to make chocolate brownies. No, not from scratch. As an introduction to baking I used the Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix. You know, just to see whether I have the potential of a baker.


So, the ingredients are.....

  • 1 box of Betty Crocker Hershey's Chocolate Chunk browne mix
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg ( I used 2 eggs for more cakelike brownies )
  • Butter / cooking spray for greasing the pan


Method....

1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celcius. Grease cake pan with butter and make sure you cover all the surface of the cake pan. This to ensure your brownie will not stick to the pan. If using nonstick, it is also advisable to grease the pan lightly. ( I used 13 inches square pan. The brownie turned out to be thinner than usual brownies. )

2. Mix all the ingredients, except butter, in a mixing bowl until completely mixed together.

3. Pour the batter in the greased cake pan. Make sure the edges of the pan is covered by the batter.

4. Place the pan in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle came out with a few crumbs on it. ( I put inserted the toothpick after 23 minutes and it came out clean. )

5. Cool the brownies in the pan on the cooling rack before cutting it.


What was the ending product look like ?
.
.
.
.
.
.

TADAAAAAA !!!




I didn't came up with the frosting or anything because there was no whipped cream/heavy cream/chocolate bars can be found in the kitchen. I find the texture a little on the fudgy side instead of cakelike. I don't know where I went wrong, but in the end the brownies tasted good. I don't mind making it again next time. 

No comments: