Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chocolate Cheesecake with Toblerone and Oreo Cream toppings ( Non-bake )


I bake the cake as a present to my awesome dad who turned 61 today. To be honest, when I was gathering the ingredients I didn't think of my dad's birthday the next day. A few minutes before I enter the kitchen did I only realized that the next day would be his birthday. So I was pretty excited to give an extra special birthday present.




For the topping I used chopped Toblerone and the leftover cream from the Oreo biscuits.


The cake wasn't what I've expected. It tasted great, very rich in chocolate and cheese. Just the same as the ones I've tasted from Secret Recipe. But the biscuit base was horrible. It turned out to be very hard and I had to put extra pressure on the knife to cut it. Maybe I made the crumbs very fine and it turned out like that. Also because it's a no bake cake, after a while the cheese will melt as you can see in the picture.




Oh well, practice makes perfect, no ?





So, the ingredients are...

Crust
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted ( I used 100 gram butter, melted )
  • 2 cups Oreo biscuits, without the middle cream and crushed

Filling
  • 1 packet cream cheese ( I used 250 gram )
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 6 squares dark/milk chocolate, melted ( I used Lindt dark chocolate with 70% cacao )


Methods....

1. Make base by combining the melted butter and Oreo biscuit crumbs. Then, press mix into 8 inch springform tin. Use back of spoon to press and smooth. Place in fridge.

2. Melt chocolate by double boiler. Cool at one side. ( I melted the chocolate in microwave for 1 minute )

3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla essence.

4. Add chocolate by spooning a little of cream cheese mixture into chocolate melted chocolate to even out temperature.

5. In other bowl, whip the cream and fold the cream into chocolate and cream cheese mixture.

6. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, then fold into chocolate and cream cheese mixture.

7. Pour mixture over biscuit base. Level the top and allow to chill for at least 6 hours before serving.


No comments: