Sunday, October 2, 2011

One-Bowl Chocolate Cake

To say that I have no time to write and update the blog would make me a liar. In all honesty, the baking and blogging seem to have lost its charm for a while. Yes, I have been baking all these while, but I just don't blog.


Well, there you go. After this I might be putting some photos and the recipe. Or a few scribbling and rambling. We'll see how it goes on after this. 




Every once in a while, we need a chocolate fix. Right on that very moment. So all the hassle of waiting the butter to softened, creaming the butter with sugar and all that aren't going to make it any easier. I am really thankful that some people really invest some of their time to do research on conjuring up a recipe which not only easy, but super fast too. Honestly, that's the only kind of recipe that got me hooked. If it has less than 5 ingredients and could be whip up in one bowl, I am all for it.




Long story short, I needed a fix on my chocolate craving and this recipe just does it for me. No creaming the butter and sugar, no softened butter needed, and using just one bowl. It's as easy as counting the numbers, I tell ya! 

I made the cakes as is. So the taste was pretty okay for me. Next time I might whip up some chocolate ganache to accompany those lonely chocolate cakes. Just some idea....



One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
Adapted from Sips and Spoonfuls


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 2 cups caster sugar
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tspn baking soda
  • 1 tspn baking powder
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tspn vanilla
  • 1 cup hot brewed coffee
  • 2 eggs

Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees C and grease a 9' pan. I did mine 180 degrees C and uses cupcake liners to line my muffin pan.
  2. Mix together all the dry ingredients. Create a well and add the rest of the ingredients except coffee. Mix until combined.
  3. Add in coffee and mix well.
  4. The batter will be runny so I poured 1/4 cup of batter into each well. I even sprinkle some chocolate chips and bake for 20 minutes. 

No comments: