Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie




My first ever batch of cookies ! And of course it had to be chocolate chip. Whaddaya expect from a chocolate chic such as moi ? =D


Ever since I started baking I never really interested in baking cookies. The recipe usually involves touching the dough with my bare hands. I wasn't really into getting my hands dirrrrrrty, ya know. But this recipe doesn't involve that and I pretty much drooling in front of my laptop when I look at these babies. So I HAD to try the recipe ! 




I had these tested on my classmates. They loved 'em ! One of them even asked for the recipe. Hehe.


Aaaaaaaaanndddd the recipe doesn't dissapoint me. AT ALL ! It was just like the ones I had from Famous Amos. 5 stars ! This will be my go-to chocolate chip recipe. Hands down. The recipe yield 35 large, puffy cookies for me. It had a cake-like texture, which I absolutely adore. So this is a soft cookies and not those hard ones. If you like your cookies soft then I suggest you to try and bake these.




Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Baked Bree


Ingredients :
  • 2 sticks ( 226 gram ) butter, melted and cooled slightly
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package chocolate chips ( I used Hershey's semi-sweet chips )

Method :
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Mix sugar into melted butter.
  3. Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla.
  4. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
  5. When combined, add chocolate chips.
  6. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool in sheet for 5 minutes and cool completely on cooling rack.

No comments: