My first ever batch of cookies ! And of course it had to be chocolate chip. Whaddaya expect from a chocolate chic such as moi ? =D
Ever since I started baking I never really interested in baking cookies. The recipe usually involves touching the dough with my bare hands. I wasn't really into getting my hands dirrrrrrty, ya know. But this recipe doesn't involve that and I pretty much drooling in front of my laptop when I look at these babies. So I HAD to try the recipe !
I had these tested on my classmates. They loved 'em ! One of them even asked for the recipe. Hehe.
Aaaaaaaaanndddd the recipe doesn't dissapoint me. AT ALL ! It was just like the ones I had from Famous Amos. 5 stars ! This will be my go-to chocolate chip recipe. Hands down. The recipe yield 35 large, puffy cookies for me. It had a cake-like texture, which I absolutely adore. So this is a soft cookies and not those hard ones. If you like your cookies soft then I suggest you to try and bake these.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Baked Bree
- 2 sticks ( 226 gram ) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package chocolate chips ( I used Hershey's semi-sweet chips )
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar into melted butter.
- Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- When combined, add chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool in sheet for 5 minutes and cool completely on cooling rack.