Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chocolate Muffin


Yeah I know it has been a while since I post a recipe in here. But life has been super hectic that I don't have enough time to actually bake something decent. Plus, it's kinda hard for me to go to the supermarket and buy the ingredients needed for my to-bake list of recipes. And it doesn't help that my dad is not willing to sacrifice his nap time to bring me to the market. Oh well.


So last night I baked a batch of chocolate muffins for my friends. I have been meaning to bake something for them but always the time was not on my side. 




I forgot to include the chocolate chunks and only remembered them when I was done spooning the mixture into the tin. You can see the chunks clearly in the photo. I planned to place the chunks in the middle of the muffins. 




The taste is okay. It doesn't come up to my standard because it lack a certain degree of sweetness that I prefer. My mom said so too after taking a bite. But I think the trick to eat the muffin is by letting it melt in your mouth. That way your taste bud can really taste the sweetness of the muffin. 


Next time I'm going to add some more sugar and cocoa powder to the recipe. 





Ingredients :
  • 250 gram self-raising flour
  • 25 gram cocoa powder (Hershey's)
  • 2 tspn baking powder
  • 175 gram castor sugar
  • 175 ml milk (I used fresh milk)
  • 2 eggs, beaten (I used one because that's the only egg that left in my fridge)
  • 100 ml olive oil
  • 75 gram plain chocolate chunks
  • 1 - 2 tspn vanilla (I used 2 tspn)


Method :
  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line tin with paper cases or grease with butter.
  2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir in sugar.
  3. Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly together.
  4. Spoon mixture into prepared cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and springy to touch. I usually check at the last 10 minutes before the timer goes off and mine passed the clean-toothpick test after 16 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and transfer to rack wire and leave until cold.

No comments: