It has been a month since I was a student. And it has been a month I've been slacking at home doing nothing productive in my life. All my classmate is applying jobs here and there, some has already got a job. Honestly, I have no intention of getting a job this time soon. Why ? Because I'm a slacker. That's why. Not good for a 25 year old, I know.
I feel bad because at 25 you should have a job (or planning to have one) and should not depend on your parents entirely. My dad is a pensioner and my mom is set to follow suit this coming July, so I should probably start to worry about our family's financial state.
That's where my baking comes in. I plan to bring in money with my bakings and help my parents financially. For now, I am still trying to figure out how and when. In the mean time, I'm going to practice, practice, practice !
This toothsome brownie muffins are the best ! I could eat it all if I don't really care about others. *yikes* For a chocolate lover I think the chocolate-ness in it is just right. But my mom beg to differ. She thinks it was too chocolatey. So if you're not into chocolate that much you can just omit the cocoa powder and use less than 55%-60% cocoa chocolate.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Brownie Muffin
Adapted from Happy Home Baking
- 80 gram unsalted butter, room temperature ( I used 100 gram )
- 150 gram dark chocolate, chopped ( I used Lindt 70% chocolate )
- 165 gram brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 100 gram plain flour
- 1 tbspn cocoa powder ( I used Tudor Gold )
- As many chocolate chips you want
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C. Prepare muffin cups on baking tray. I used 38x30 mm paper muffin cups.
- Sift together flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
- Place butter in saucepan and melt over low heat. Once the butter start to melt, add in sugar. Stir to prevent sugar from getting burnt. Add in chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to mixing bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in eggs gradually, followed by vanilla, then dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated.
- Divide batter into muffin cups. I used 2 1/2 tablespoon for each cup. Sprinkle chocolate chips and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on the tray and cool completely on wire rack.