My first post for 2012! To be honest, there's nothing to be excited about. I'm the kind of person who don't believe in celebrating new years. Every year when people were excited to come up with their new year resolution I never bother because 1) I probably won't give extra effort to make it work, and 2) if I want to change, I can change anytime I want.
Enough of the rambling. Moving on......
This 'monster' was born as I was leafing through my recipe book. The recipe was among the oldest that I've copied when I first started baking. I had no courtesy of jotting down the link from where I got it from. So yea, I can call this my recipe but the truth is it's not. I'm honest like that.
It did not dissapoint me at all! I actually had to read the recipe twice to make sure I copied it correctly. The recipe calls for 6 ingredients. The great part was it uses melted butter! I love baking with oils and melted butter. Saves up some of my time and energy.
This brownie is altogether an easy task. Preparing was easy, making was easy, and the most important part.....EATING was easy. You can taste the chocolate and the cheesecake in one bite. Heaven!
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
Adapted from somewhere over the rainbow.....
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 250 gram cream cheese, softened
- 4 1/2 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Place butter, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and mix them all together until smooth.
- Spoon into an 8" square pan lined with baking paper. - I used Pyrex pan and never bother to line it coz I'm lazy
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Place large spoonful of cheesecake mixture on top of chocolate mixture and swirl it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set. Mine was baked around 40 minutes.